If you’re left wondering what to do during your visit then don’t worry, we have plenty of tried-and-tested recommendations for you. Northumberland has a wide variety of things to do and see so you’re spoilt for choice! Below are our top tips on how to spend your weekend in Alnwick.
- Take a walk in Hulne Park (Duke of Northumberland’s estate)
- Beach walks at Alnmouth, Warkworth, Embleton (if Embleton, go to Eleanor’s Byre for coffee, cake and their charming gift shop)
- Visit the beach at Low Newton-by-the-Sea followed by lunch at the Ship Inn
- The Smoke House in Craster for kippers followed by a walk to Dunstanburgh Castle along the coast
- Alnwick Castle and Gardens plus a trip to the Treehouse Restaurant (currently the largest Treehouse in the world!)
- Barter Books in Alnwick (a rambling, quirky secondhand bookstore with open fires, armchairs, model trains and café)
- Browse the shops and Alnwick market (market open at various times for artisan food and drink and crafts)
- Dinner at the Cookie Jar on Bailiffigate opposite the house (open Friday and Saturday, booking required).
This is just the tip of the iceberg, Alnwick and the surrounding area has even more on offer. Check out our Things to Do page for more ideas. If you’re still looking for a place to stay then check our availability for your desired dates.